Holy Family Catholic Regional Division (HFCRD) is pleased to announce the 2018 HFCRD Orange Shirt Day Contest. Orange Shirt Day is a national movement that recognizes the experience of survivors of residential schools, honours them, and shows a collective commitment to ensure that every child matters. All HFCRD students are encouraged to submit their artwork for judging. The winning submission will be the official logo of the 2018 HFCRD Orange Shirt Campaign, and will be featured prominently on t-shirts throughout the division. The winner will also be presented with a framed copy of their artwork!
“Although residential schools is a difficult subject to speak about, teaching the next generation about them is vital to ensure their impact is never forgotten,” said HFCRD Superintendent Betty Turpin. “Orange Shirt Day is a way to annually spread awareness and to start an important conversation about all aspects of residential schools. I hope students and staff see this opportunity as more than just a contest, but as an opportunity to have meaningful conversations about our past.”
For more information about Orange Shirt Day, please visit http://www.orangeshirtday.org/.
- Contest is open to all HFCRD students
- Submissions by individual students and classes will be accepted
- Designs must be original artwork, free of any copyrighted images
- All designs are to be made using permanent black markers or sharpies
- Entries done in pen or pencil will NOT be accepted
- All entries must include the students’ full name, school, and grade
- Submission grants HFCRD the right to reproduce, publicly display, and distribute as part of the Orange Shirt Campaign
Keep in Mind:
- The winning logo submission will appear on official orange t-shirts, print materials, and online
- The logo will be in a one size print
- The official title for Orange Shirt Campaign is “Every Child Matters.” This title will be added on to the shirt after the design had been handed in
- We cannot guarantee every submission will be returned, but we will return as many as possible
- Please give your submissions to your school office. School office staff are asked to send the submissions to central office (Attn: Jody Bekevich) as soon as possible.
Submission deadline is June 1, 2018. The winner will be announced by the end of the school year.
A printable copy of the contest rules is available here.