Holy Family Catholic Regional Division (HFCRD) is pleased to announce the results of the 2019 Organizational Meeting where Kelly Whalen was re-elected as Board Chair and Brian Hill was elected as Vice Chair for the first time. The nominations and elections took place at the 2019/20 HFCRD Board of Trustees Organizational Meeting on Monday August 26th. Both nominations were uncontested.
Whalen was first elected as Board Chair in 2016 and continues his tenure for one more year. First elected as a Ward 4 Sub 3 Peace River/Nampa Trustee in the January 2011 by-election, Whalen is starting his ninth year on the HFCRD Board of Trustees representing Good Shepherd and Glenmary Schools at the board table. Whalen also served previously as a Trustee with St. Thomas Aquinas Roman Catholic Schools for four years.
“Thank you to the Board of Trustees once again for their vote of confidence. The role of Board Chair has been very rewarding and I look forward to another fantastic year of important work with our Board and division administration,” said Board Chair Kelly Whalen. “I look forward to working with Vice Chair Hill in this new capacity on the Board of Trustees leadership team.”
Hill is new to the role of Vice Chair. First elected as Trustee representing Ward 4 Sub 2 Grimshaw in 2018, Vice Chair Hill is starting his second school year representing the Holy Family School community. Vice Chair Hill is passionate about Catholic education and looks forward to continuing his work on the Board of Trustees.
“Thank you to the Board of Trustees for electing me as Vice Chair. As a resident of Grimshaw for many years, and a parent of current HFCRD students, I feel honoured to represent the school community I care so much about,” said Vice Chair Hill. “Serving as Vice Chair will give me even further insight into the needs of all HFCRD school communities, and I look forward to working with my fellow Trustees and HFCRD staff to continue our important work serving our school communities.”
2019/2020 HFCRD Committee Appointments
*The Chair is ex-officio on all Committees.
- Trustee Michaud, Trustee Kuran, Trustee Fisher
- Vice Chair Hill (alternate)
Ft Vermillion Educational Services Agreement Committee
- Trustee Michaud, Trustee Kuran, Vice Chair Hill
- Trustee Fisher (alternate)
- Trustee Lizee, Trustee Fisher, Trustee Kuran
- Trustee Pozniak (alternate)
Student Discipline and Appeals Committee
- Whole Board. 3 voting members will attend each hearing.
Teacher Board Advisory Committee (TBAC)
- Trustee Fisher, Trustee Lizee, Trustee Pozniak
- Trustee Kuran (alternate)
- Trustee Kuran, Trustee Michaud, Vice Chair Hill
- Trustee Pozniak (alternate)
Alberta Catholic School Trustees Association
- Trustee Kuran, Trustee Pozniak (alternate)
Alberta School Boards Association Zone 1
- Trustee Pozniak, Trustee Kuran (alternate)
High Prairie Joint Use and Facilities Board
- Trustee Lizee, Trustee Fisher (alternate)
McLennan Joint Use Facilities
- Trustee Fisher, Trustee Lizee (alternate)
Peace River Joint Use Facilities Board
- Board Chair Whalen, Trustee Kuran (alternate)
Valleyview Joint Use and Facilities
- Trustee Pozniak, Board Chair Whalen (alternate)
Peace River Community Services Board
- Trustee Kuran, Board Chair Whalen (alternate)
Grimshaw Community Services Board
- Vice Chair Hill, Board Chair Whalen (alternate)
Grimshaw Joint-Use Committee
- Vice Chair Hill, Trustee Kuran (alternate)
Archdiocesan Pastoral Committee
- Trustee Fisher, Vice Chair Hill (alternate)